Americans elected Democrat Barack Obama as their first black president Tuesday, in a transformational election which will reshape US politics and reposition the United States on the world stage. Obama, 47, will be inaugurated the 44th US president on January 20, 2009, and inherit an economy mired in the worst financial crisis since the 1930s, two wars in Afghanistan and Iraq and a nuclear showdown with Iran. (Petikan berita AFP)
Tapi living up to the title of my blog....I just have to go with: "What the fuck is wrong with the entertainment journalism" lagi.
Bila Datuk Sharifah Aini ada isu dengan Datuk Siti Nurhaliza - ada wartawan hiburan yang begitu menyokong Kak Pah dan ada jugak yang sokong gila Siti. So to both supporters, you know what I'm gonna say right? Correct: "Fuck you!"
Sama juga dulu masa Awie putus tunang dengan Erra, atau bila Erra cerai dengan Yusry KRY atau bila Erra ada isu dengan Hans Isaac atau bila Erra nikah dengan Engku Emran (you are totally the Queen)....masa ni pun, bukan main ramai wartawan hiburan yang memihak.
Again: "Fuck all of you!"
This is why sampai bila-bila pun agaknya wartawan hiburan tidak akan sama pentas dengan wartawan arus perdana. Selagi terus menerus spesis wartawan "fuckers" ini wujud, maka sampai bila-bila pun, kewartawanan hiburan akan dipandang enteng.
Tidak terlambat sebenarnya untuk kembalikan maruah ini. Aku menyeru semua wartawan untuk ingat semula etika kita. Aku pernah dulu dalam tahun 1996 sehingga 1999 kalau tak silap aku, menjadi Ahli Jawatankuasa National Union of Journalist (NSTP) dan aku tahu ramai di kalangan wartawan yang tak ingat, tak tahu atau lupa akan etika kewartawanan ini.
This is me trying my best to refresh your mind. Here it goes:
Canons of Journalism
The Malaysian Press reiterates its belief in the principles of Rukunegara and the national aspirations contained therein;
- It acknowledges its role in contributing to the process of nation-building.
- It recognises its duty to contribute fully to the promotion of racial harmony and national unity.
- It recognises communism, racialism and religious extremism as grave threats to national well-being and security.
- It believes in a liberal, tolerant, democratic society and in the traditional role of a free and responsible Press serving the people by faithfully reporting facts without fear or favour.
- It believes that a credible press is an asset to the nation.
- It believes in upholding standards of social morality.
- It believes that there must be no restrictions on the entry of Malaysians into the profession.
- It believes that the Press has a duty to contribute to the formation of public policy.
Whereas the Malaysian Press does hereby adhere to the following Canons of Journalism:
- The primary responsibility of the Malaysian journalist is to report facts accurately and faithfully and to respect the right of the public to the truth.
- In pursuant of this duty he shall uphold the fundamental freedom in the honest collection of news and the right to fair comment and criticism.
- He shall use only proper methods to obtain news, photographs/films and documents.
- It shall be his duty to rectify and publish information found to be incorrect.
- He shall respect the confidentiality of the source of information.
- He shall uphold standards of morality in the performance of his duties and shall avoid plagiarism, calumny or slander, libel, sedition, unfounded accusations or acceptance of bribe in any form.
- He shall avoid publication of news or reports, communal or extremist in nature, or contrary to the moral value of multiracial Malaysia.
- It shall be incumbent upon him to understand public and national policies pertaining to the profession.
Make me stop calling you guys (you idiots) as motherfuckers okay by upholding to these ethics.
Keep it cool man. (I'm telling myself).
Good night and good luck.